I believe that a field of science will have a unique way of dealing with a problem. So that standing as a person who can provide various points of view to describe and solve a problem is something I have found in myself during undergo various levels of education. As an Engineer, I have technical skills in telecommunications, user experience, audio engineering, and product management, and lastly, for two years, I developed my skills with the Python programming language specially to build machine learning and deep learning algorithms. Not only that, I also always develop non-technical abilities in line with the various stages of life that I go through. On various occasions, I have been able to prove my ability as a leader, innovative, adaptive problem solver, good communicator, and ideal friend figure who is able to provide the best support for associates around me. I believe that science will continue to develop even more rapidly than it is now, the next learning process that I want to go through is career opportunities and at the same time apply what I have so far.
08/2014 – 11/2018 S.T. in Electrical Engineering
Specialty: Signal and System, Communication and Digital System, Audio-engineering, User Experience
▪ Conducting research and analysis on the user experience from 50 participants to determine
the level of user satisfaction with the use of object-based audio.
▪ Take an active role in various academic activities and lead several study groups in the field of
▪ Had the opportunity to develop organizational skills as a coordinator, chairman of the annual
festival, and several other major activities. At graduation, I was awarded as “Bintang Aktivis
Kampus” by the University.
08/2020 – 09/2022 M.Eng. in Electrical Engineering
Gadjah Mada University
Specialty: Advance Statistics, Classification and Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Scientific
Writing, Data Processing, AI Development.
▪ Develop skills in the Information Technology specialization by learning Python language and
being able to carry out several small projects such as classification and pattern recognition,
image classification, and forecasting.
▪ Understand the research process comprehensively and scientific writing.
▪ For my thesis research, I am developing and comparing several deep learning algorithms to
detect objects using eye gaze, as the final result, my proposed algorithm got 95% accuracy.
01/2017 – 03/2017 Internship in Transmission Engineer
TVRI, Bengkulu Province
▪ Had the opportunity to meet various teams, learned a lot about the world of broadcasting, and
was trusted to operate several switching devices in the transmission section.
▪ Conduct research on the causes of low broadcast quality, then hold an inspection and write it
down in the form of a recommendation to TVRI Bengkulu Station.
02/2019 – 11/2019 IT and Social Media Specialist
Ar-Risalah Waqf Foundation, Padang City
▪ Established new standards in design on the Foundation’s social media and information
▪ Develop a waqf product, improve the approach taken, and present it, until it is finally accepted
and implemented by the Foundation.
08/2022 – *now Assistant Lecturer, DTETI
Engineering Faculty UGM, Special Region of Yogyakarta
▪ Prepare and evaluate the learning process of undergraduate to doctoral students at the
Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Faculty of Engineering,
Gadjah Mada University.
▪ Assisting supervisors in several international standard research that will be published.
▪ Take an active role in guiding several fellow master students to complete thesis research
Indonesian: Native C2 English B2
▪ Programming – Phyton (Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Data Science).
▪ IT – Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
▪ Design and Video Editing – Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Sony Vegas, Filmora.
▪ Product Development – User experience, Critical Thinking, Presentation, Team Management.
▪ Additional – Full clean driving license.
▪ Awardee of the Education Fund Management Institute (LPDP) of the Ministry of Finance,
Republic of Indonesia, PK Batch 167, 2020.
▪ Presenter at The International Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology Conference
▪ Presenter at IEEE International Conference on Cybernetics and Computational Intelligence
▪ Presenter at The 14th International Conference on Information Technology and Electrical
Engineering (ICITEE), 2022.
*Published article in an international journal
▪ M. A. Fikri, P. I. Santosa and S. Wibirama, “A Review on Opportunities and Challenges of
Machine Learning and Deep Learning for Eye Movements Classification,” 2021 IEEE
International Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology Conference (IBITeC), 2021, pp. 65-70,
▪ I. K. Asmar Putra, M. A. Fikri, S. A. Ishaq Alfarozi and S. Wibirama, “Review of Feature Extraction
on Video-Oculography (VOG) and Electro-Oculography (EOG) Signals,” 2022 IEEE International
Conference on Cybernetics and Computational Intelligence (CyberneticsCom), 2022, pp. 416-
420, doi: 10.1109/CyberneticsCom55287.2022.9865308.i.
▪ M. A. Fikri, I. K. Asmar Putra, and S. Wibirama, (Under Review IEEE) “Object Selection Using
LSTM Networks for Spontaneous Gaze-Based Interaction,” Submitted to 2022 14th
International Conference on Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (ICITEE).
Name of Organization Position Type of Organization From To
FKI Rabbani Staff HR
Forum and Voluntary
Dec. 2014 Dec. 2015
Foristek FT UNAND Head of Division Syiar
Forum and Voluntary
Feb. 2015 Dec. 2015
HMTE FT UNAND
Students Association Jan. 2016 Jan. 2017
FKI Rabbani Head of Division RMC
Forum and Voluntary
Jan. 2017 Nov. 2017
Staff Information and
Students Association Mar. 2021 *now
Head of Division
Students Association Jan. 2022 *now
▪ Have a passion in teaching, currently given the trust to lead and coordinate several research
colleagues in the Laboratory.
▪ Likes sports activities, especially badminton and cycling. Enjoyed some sci-fi themed films.
▪ Have a desire to develop team management skills, financial analysts, and establish start-ups in
the scientific field.